Mutual relations: The Telecommunications and Post Regulatory Authority is keen on establishing strong and developed relations with neighboring and friendly countries at the regional and international level in order to exchange experiences and technologies that are related to telecommunications. TPRA signed multiple memorandums of understanding with many sister countries like Egypt, Jordan, UAE, Oman, Turkey, Chad, South Korea, Tunisia, Saudi Arabia and Mauritania.
Also; implements the executive programs emanating from the memorandums of understanding that were signed at the level of the Ministry of Telecommunications and Information Technology with a number of countries such as Algeria – Pakistan – Turkey – Russia – Tunisia and Mauritania. TPRA also signed a number of memorandums of understanding to coordinate frequencies with some neighboring countries. It also signed a Memorandum with the GSM Association (GSMA) to give the Telecommunications and post Regulatory Authority black and gray lists of cell phones. In addition to signing two agreements with two Chinese laboratories to ensure type compliance.
Sudan’s membership in regional and international organizations: The Telecommunications and Post Regulatory Authority has obtained membership for a considered number of international organizations , and regularly participates in relevant meetings and conferences such as the International Telecommunication Union, the Universal Postal Union, the Arab Organization for Information and Communication Technology, the African Union for Communications and the Arab Network of Bodies for Regulating the Sector of Communications and Information Technology, also organizations such as Arabsat, COMESA, RASCOM, ITSO, the African Postal Union, FIRST and ILAC organizations. Within the framework of its active membership in these organizations: the Telecommunications and Post Regulatory Authority has continuously hosted a number of important events.
The Telecommunications and Post Regulatory Authority holds a number of regional and international positions
- Member of the Board Directors of the Universal Postal Union
- Member of the Board of Directors of the African Telecommunication Union
- Member of the Board of Directors of the African Postal Union
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Arabsat Organization
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Alliance of Aresia Countries
- Vice chair of RASCOM Board of Directors
- Vice President of the permanent Arab Spectrum Team
- Vice President of the permanent Arab Standardization Team
- Member of the standing Arab Committee for Telecommunications and Posts in the League of Arab States
- Vice President in 6 committees in the standardization sector – 3 committees in the radio sector – one committee in the development sector at the International Telecommunication Union.